Features for an efficient hemp and lime insulation pavement
- Temperatures > from 5°C to 30°C/li>
- house outside air out of water
- set up a ground of 20/40 clean without sand (ask for a clean 20/40 to the close career)
- Healthy foundation without capillarity. draining excessive water
- Cable ducs and plumbing PER on the ground if it is needed
- protected steel parts
- protected woodwork
- well protected visible woodwork
- Manage your team !
- (performance information : 35m² of pavement in 6 hours (at least) with 4 people)
STEP 1 : gravel ground
gravel ground floor (20/40) clean without sand. Thickness 20cm.
STEP 2 : Hemp and lime implementation
1. Put the plots on the floor at the same level
2. Connecting the plots (= »valleys » or strips)
3. Manage you project.
Hemp and lime implementation
1. Fill the mortar between the valleys and the strips
2. Spread the mortar
3. settle the mortar without forcing.
STEP 3 : dry hemp and lime pavement
Thickness pf 15 cm on gravers ground
STEP 4 : The heat flooring is in option
ou can install a heat floor on your hemp and lime pavement(product flip OVENTROP : please find attached on pdf file the pavement available)
La Chanvrière du Belon have this type of heat flooring(29-Riec sur Belon). Installer : ARTECHEOL
ETAPE 5 : Lime and sand floor screed
Lime and sand floor screed pouring(thickness:5-6 cm) on the heat floor
STEP 6 : floor covering
terracotta coating sticked. Joints with hemp and sand
Terracotta ofYVON CAILLEAU
Example of an upstairs hemp and lime pavement
In this case, the wooden framework was in place, and we decided to fill all empty spaces with hemp and lime to obtain a massive but light efficient acoustic insulation.
ADVICE : You don’t need to put some pre-framework before the pouring. Set up the pouding directly on the floor until reaching a flat base.
Put the joists on the dry pavement and fix the wooden framework (or make a lime with sand pouring and implement a coating like terranova …)